Do you want to reduce Apple Music cellular data consumption or want to fix data consumption issues? Well, we are here to cover this topic.
Apple Music offers millions of songs and music tracks using iTunes. You can easily download your desired music to the iCloud Music Library for later use. Sometimes, users face several issues like high cellular data consumption while using Apple Music right on their iPhone, especially when they have a limited cellular data plan. If that’s the case with you, then you can quickly troubleshoot this annoying issue.
Here are the few tweaks you can quickly reduce this annoying data consumption issue right on your device.
Downloading Music Instead of Streaming Online
In case you have opted for the subscription to Apple Music, you can download your desired Music, album, or playlist using the Music catalog for offline streaming. It saves your data that you use to play online content as online streaming consumes more data than listening to downloaded music tracks. In this way, you can easily cut out or minimize your data consumption.
Downloading Music Over WiFi
Suppose you want to download your favorite music track or playlist for streaming offline right on your device. You can choose WiFi instead of using your limited cellular data.
If you want to enable WiFi on your device to replace cellular data identifier, then follow these steps:
- First of all, open your Control Center by swiping down the respective panel from your screen’s upper portion.
- Now, turn on the WiFi and ensure that it is enabled successfully. The cellular data identifier will be replaced by the WiFi icon on the notification bar of your device.
Limit your Music Streaming
If you are fond of listening to Beat 1 of Apple Music and frequently using the service regularly, you must be draining your cellular data very quickly. To cut out this consumption, you can limit your streaming using other apps or software. You can install the Beats 1 show playlists on your device. Here’s how:
- First and foremost, launch the Music app.
- Then, hit the Radio button there.
- After that, press the Beats 1 Shows tab.
- Choose the “show” tab you like to listen to using the On-Demand service.
- Then, scroll down the page and then hit the particular playlist you like to play under the playlist menu.
- Press the “+” icon there.
- Now, hit the Download tab. It will appear just like a cloud with a downward pointing arrow below it.
Turning Off Automatic Download
Automatic downloading also consume lots of data if you are unaware of the same. It generally happens if you use to purchase your music tracks using iTunes or via another device. In this case, your iOS device may be downloading the same automatically over your cellular data.
If that’s the case and you are using a limited cellular data plan, then it is recommended to disable the automatic downloading feature right on your device. Here’s how:
- At the start, launch the Settings app right on your device.
- Then, reach the iTunes and App Store section there.
- After that, turn off the Automatic Downloading for Apple Music by using the Settings app on your device.
Deactivating Cellular Data
Here is how to deactivate your Cellular Data right on your device:
- First of all, launch the Settings app.
- Then, press the Music option there.
- Now, hit the tab of Cellular Data.
- Next, disable Cellular Data to off entirely using the On/Off switch located just after the Cellular Data option.
- Now, turn the switch located just after the Streaming option to deactivate all your music streaming services in Music or turn off the switch that says “High Quality Streaming.” It enables you to listen to even low-quality music that won’t consume more data.
- Then, deactivate the Cellular Data Downloading option to off.
Cutting down cellular data consumption or fixing high consumption issues is not a tedious and lengthy process. You need to follow some tricks like disabling cellular data, limit streaming, deactivating automatic download, or download for offline use using WiFi, and so on. You can easily reduce data consumption issues right on your device using any of the steps mentioned above.