If we talk about Samsung Galaxy intelligent assistance, Bixby is the one that instantly pops in your mind. Bixby was introduced along with the release of Galaxy S8 and is highly in demand. Not in demand for being a great feature, but in demand for disabling the same.
One of the top reasons to disable the Bixby button is its placement. The Bixby button is placed right below the volume buttons, which sometimes lead to an unintentional launch. Talking about Note 10, Note 10+, Galaxy S20, and Galaxy Note 20, the Bixby button has added a whole new level of complexity as it is combined with the power button.
How to Disable the Bixby Feature on Your Samsung Device?
The steps to disable the Bixby feature varies with the model. Thus, below is a guide on disabling the feature keeping all the models in mind.
For Galaxy Note 10, S20, and Note 20 Series
The steps to disable Bixby feature on your Galaxy Note 10, S20, and Note 20 Series are:
- Swipe down on the screen to open the notifications tab.
- Click on the ‘Power’ button in the settings area.
- A power menu will open. Click on the ‘Side Key Settings’ option.
- Change the settings for ‘Double press’ to ‘Quick Launch Camera’ or ‘Open App.’
- If you select the ‘Open App’ option, click on the cog button to enable an application with double-press.
- Change the settings for the ‘Press and Hold’ menu to ‘Power off menu.’
Bixby will not launch whenever you press or hold the power button accidentally.
For Galaxy S8, S9, S10/ Note 8, Note 9
The steps to disable Bixby feature on your Galaxy S8, S9, S10/ Note 8, Note 9:
The first and foremost step is to log into your Samsung account.
- Hold the Bixby button or move to the right side of the screen.
- Tap the ‘Arrow’ button on the screen.
- Enter your account details to log-in or create an account if you don’t have one.
- If ‘Use your Biometrics’ pop-up menu appears, click on the ‘Not Now’ option.
- Hit the ‘Arrow’ button for all the upcoming on-screen instructions like terms and conditions, etc.
- Tap on the last arrow button, and you’ll be logged in with your account.
Once you log in to your Samsung account, you’ll be able to disable the Bixby button, and the steps for the same are:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ app on your device.
- Locate and open the ‘Advanced Features’ tab.
- Select the ‘Bixby Key’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Double press to open Bixby’ option to remove the blue mark.
Though Bixby has improved a lot since it was first introduced in 2017, people still prefer Google Assistant as it is far more convenient for voice commands.
Alessia Martine is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Microsoft products at office.com/setup.