When you are using Wi-Fi on your PC via a Wi-Fi adapter, you may observe the Wi-Fi network depends on your place. In case you would like to found a better spot to receive the most from your Wi-Fi, and then looking at the network bar is the easiest method. You will determine the performance of the Wi-Fi signal strength. There are many ways to check the signal strength of your Wi-Fi. So, here are the instructions to do so:
- You should reach the taskbar then click on the Network button.
- After that, pursue the wireless button beside the network.
- Once you see a single tower, which means you receive a poor signal, or when you get two signals, it means that acceptable, and then 3 towers mean you should receive a well signal.
- Navigate to Settings and then launch it.
- Thereafter, select the option of Network & Internet.
- You should reach the option of Status and click on it.
- Finally, beneath the section of “Network status,” you will get the recent signal strength via the wireless button.
Via Wi-Fi Settings Screen
- You should reach the Settings screen.
- Afterward, go to the Wi-Fi button.
- Thereafter, beneath the section Wi-Fi, reach the wireless button, and you will see the strength of the signal.
- After completing the procedure, you will have to get well quality of Wi-Fi understanding to control the point.
Via Control Panel
- Firstly, pursue to Control Panel.
- Afterward, choose the option of Network & Internet.
- You should pick the Network & Sharing Center.
- Now, below the section of “View your active networks,” the wireless button beside the option of “Connections” will notify the quality of the signal.
- Alternatively, reach the name of the connection to view the quality of the signal, such as speed, SSID, and further details.
Via Command Prompt
- Firstly, pursue the to Start logo on the PC.
- After that, reach the search section and input ‘cmd’ into it and select the OK button to invoke the Command Prompt.
- Thereafter, input the following command to check the strength of the Wi-Fi signal and press the Enter button: “netsh WLAN show interfaces.”
- Now, navigate to the section of Signal to determine the quality of the signal.
- Navigate to the Start logo on the device.
- Then, reach the search section and insert ‘PowerShell’ into it and press the Enter button to invoke the PowerShell.
- After that, insert the command and press Enter: (netsh wlan show interfaces) -Match ‘^\s+Signal’ -Replace ‘^\s+Signal\s+:\s+’,”.
- Finally, you should look at the quality output of the signal.
Via Network & Sharing Center
- Reach the Control panel then pick the button of Network & sharing.
- Thereafter, check signal strength towers.
- Now, in case you wish, you can pursue through the URL of ‘wireless network connection’ to check its properties.