after updating Windows OS to the latest Windows 10, some devices flash the error message “Invalid Value for Registry.” This error occurs when we try to view or launch any image file on our device, especially related to the format JPG or PNG. It’s the error of corrupted registry entry in the device as registry entries are responsible for storing the accurate information about the particular content of the file, application or programs. It helps the system files to communicate with the file that you wish to launch on your device.
In case, you are one of them facing registry invalidation error on Windows 10; then this blog is for you. You have to make sure and detect all the corrupted files on your device. Pursue these guidelines to know how to remove these potential threats and error messages from arising on our PC:
Reasons for Arising the Invalid Value Error
If you are facing the issue just after updating to the latest edition of Windows 10, then it might be the issue related to the clash between the file of previous and current Windows installation. Other possible issues related to this error are the invalid file or corrupted files due to the existence of malicious programs and viruses.
Before applying any workarounds, it is requested to use the Photo Viewer application or any of the third-party programs for launching the particular image. Once you have installed the program successfully, and then try to launch the image file with multiple attempts.
If the issue still arises on the device, then it is recommended to follow these procedures:
Resetting Photos Application
Resetting the image app might fix the issue as the registry fails to correlates the same.
- First and foremost, hit the Window logo and then tap on the “I” key to expand the Settings application.
- After that, Hit the Apps section and then choose the option “Features and Apps” by navigating the left-hand side section.
- Locate the listing and once found, hit the Microsoft photos panel. You can hit the Photos app there.
- Hit the Advanced related tab that is found in the lowermost section of the app’s name.
- Now, scroll the page downward and then hit the Reset tab. This option will reset the application completely.
- Once your process finishes, ensure that the issue is fixed. If not, then it is recommended to pursue another method that is mentioned below.
Removing the Registry Entries of Older Photos Application
This solution will also help you to remove the Invalid Value error on your device. You have to remove all the older editions of registry entries of your Photos Application.
- First of all, tap the Window logo and R key at one go.
- A run dialog box will launch on the screen, and then you have to enter the keywords: Regedit into the provided section followed by the Enter key.
- Now, go to the under mentioned registry keywords:
- Navigate to the left-hand side section and launch the keyword mentioned below:
- You will find eight entries under this key and then check all the entries carefully. If you find the four entries having the earlier edition than four, then apply the right mouse tab on each of them.
- Then, hit the Delete option there. This option will be available inside the menu Context. Sometimes, you may find only two outdated entries among the six entries. In this case, you have to remove both of them.
Note: For removing the corrupted or outdated registry entry, you have to take ownership of these available entries.
Chloe Decker is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet, and new media. She writes for Microsoft products at office.com/setup.