Imagine you are playing your favorite game on your PC and suddenly the system gets shut down by itself. It happens with many of the users out there, and it is quite annoying. PC gaming enthusiasts often complain about the occurrence of this issue when they take some time out to play their favorite game after a long busy day. There are several points that need to be kept in mind if you face such issues. Besides this, users need to keep in mind that there are many games that require different conditions to play successfully on a PC. Users often ignore these points, which causes this issue. So if you are one of the affected users, then you should follow the methods I have mentioned in this article.
By checking power settings
Power settings of your PC are one of the most basic factors for the occurrence of this problem on your PC. You need to check if there’s everything good with power settings on your PC. To check the power settings on your PC, follow the steps listed below:
- At first, press Windows Key + R to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and click on the OK button.
- Inside Control Panel section of your PC, find Power Options and click on it
- After opening up the Power options, there you will see the mode of power your PC has set currently.
- If your PC has been set on Power Saver, change it to high or Balanced performance.
- After that, click on Change Plan Settings and choose to Restore Default settings if you have made changes in these settings in the past.
By checking your GPU
It is another important factor that cannot be ignored if you are facing this problem on your PC. To check GPU installed on your PC, follow the steps listed below:
- Press Windows Key + R to open up the Run Dialog box.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in it and press the Enter button.
- Choose Display Adapters once you are inside the device manager tab.
- Next, right-click on the graphics card and choose Disable device from the options.
- After clicking on Disabling the Device option, restart your PC and the issue will be resolved.
In case the problem does not resolve, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Or else, install Windows updates.
Lily Johnsol is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Davis has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.