Sometimes we don’t need a hefty PDF to carry on our task because in some cases, we don’t need to use everything contained in a bulky PDF file. In this case, it is advisable to keep only the necessary items that match our demand and interest. We can extract pages from one PDF file and create a new PDF.
To create a new PDF using Acrobat Professional on PC or Mac
1. Open Adobe Acrobat Professional application. Then open the desired document that you wish to edit.
2. Tap on the Pages tab located on the left-hand side of your Acrobat document window. Then the Pages bar will show on your screen displaying thumbnail pictures of the various sheets in the document.
3. To place the pages in a sequence subsequently, hold down the thumbnail images of that particular page you wish to extract.
· For example, if you want to shift the third page to a new position. Hold down the thumbnail image of the third page and then drag it upward to the second page. Then a blue colored bar will indicate and show that the new place of the third page is second. Then release that image to get into its new location.
· You can see that the position of the third-placed page is converted into its new position- that’s second.
4. Select the “Extract Pages” option under the “Document” menu. You can also right-click on any of your selected pages to get the same menu. A pop-up box window will open, mentioning ” Extract Pages.”
5. Then you have to set the range of the page. In case you see that the page range is not accurate in the dialog box displaying Extract Pages, then you may enter the correct range that you wish to extract as your demand.
6. Now Adjust your page settings. Press on the ” Delete Pages After Extracting” dialog box to remove pages from the real document after the extraction.
To generate a particular file for every new page that you want to extract, tap on the ” Extract Pages As Separate Files.” Otherwise, leave it unchecked to store all the extracted document pages in a single file.
7. Tap on the ” OK ” button. It puts all of your specified pages into a new PDF file.
8. You can change the name and location of your PDF document in your new document, then go back to the original document file. Then choose the “Save” option to save your document automatically. Otherwise, you can select the “Save As” option to save your document in another desired place where you want to save.
9. Click on the revert button under the file menu if you wish to revert the whole pages that you have shifted. Otherwise, you may save your PDF as usual.
To create a new PDF by using Google Chrome
1. Launch your Google Chrome browser.
2. Tap on Ctrl+ O to open the dialog box to search the file.
3. Search the filename by entering its name then tap on the “Open” button.
4. Tap on the menu bar located at the upper right corner of your screen.
5. Now click on the ” Print” button.
6. Under print dialog box, tap the button ” Change” located next to the “destination” option.
7. Choose from the list on “Save as PDF.”
8. Type the page range that you want by clicking on the second tab below the “All” radio button.
9. Now click on the “Save” button to save your document.
10. A prompt dialog box will open to type the name, file location. Then click on the “Save” button to finish.
Lily Johnsolis a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.