Apple recently launched an iOS update with an Airplay 2 feature which allows users to play music in multiple rooms at the same time. The feature is quite amazing and it allows iPhone and iPad users to listen to their music and tracks in more than one place at the same time. Besides this, several iOS users do not know how to use this Airplay 2 feature to play multi-room audio at their home, workplace, or any other place they want. If you are amongst those iOS users who do not know how to use this new Airplay 2 feature on your iPhone or iPad, then you have come to the right place. Here is step by step methods by which you can use Airplay 2 feature to play multi-room audio in no time.
Here’s how to set up multi-room audio with Airplay 2 speakers
Setting up of Airplay 2 with speakers is always the first thing you have to do to use the feature. Several iOS users find it difficult to set up Airplay 2 with the speakers they have. On the other hand, setting up Airplay 2 with your speakers is as easy as it sounds. To do so, follow the steps listed below;
- Check if your iPhone has updated to iOS 114 or not and update it if it’s not.
- After that, check the support app for your Airplay 2 speaker has been updated or not.
- After checking all the things in its place, look for the information on your speaker app to update the firmware.
Here’s how to play multi-room music by using Siri
Siri is a voice assistant which comes in iPhone and iPad and recognizes more than a thousand voice commands of a user. Many iOS users prefer it in playing multi-room music and if you are amongst those users, follow the steps listed below to do the task in no time;
- Open up Siri on your iPhone or iPad and bring it closer to your face.
- Give a command like ‘Hey Siri, Play Justin Beiber in the drawing-room’ or any other name of your favorite’s artist.
- In case you want to play any music, simply say, ‘Hey Siri, play Piano music in Kitchen and Bedroom.
- Give a voice command and specify places where you want the music of the same kind.
Here’s how to play multi-room music by using Control Center on iPhone
It is another method by which you can play multi-room music with your iPhone and iPad. Several uses do not know how they can use Control panel on their iPhone and iPad to play multi-room music by using Airplay 2 feature and if you are amongst those users, follow the steps listed below;
- Choose the audio track you want to play whether on your preferred app or in your personal playlist.
- Go to the Control Center on your iPhone & iPad.
- After opening up the Control center, press and hold Music Control panel available there.
- Now, choose the audio track you are willing to play on your Airplay 2 multiple speakers.
- After choosing the audio track, tap on the play button on your iPhone and iPad to play the audio in multiple rooms.
- After choosing the audio track, tap on the Airplay icon on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose multiple Airplay 2 speakers.
- After choosing multiple Airplay 2 speakers, the music will begin playing in the selected in multiple rooms in no time.
Here’s how to choose a single room to play music
Several iOS users prefer playing audio tracks in a single room and not in multi-rooms and to do that, follow the steps listed below;
- Choose the audio track you want to listen whether on your preferred music app or from your personal playlist on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, choose the Control center and press and hold the Music control panel in it.
- After that, select the audio track you want to listen to in a room you want.
- Now, choose the Airplay 2 by which you will play the music.
Here’s how to play different music in different rooms
The majority of users prefer to listen to their favorite tracks in multiple rooms by using this new Airplay 2 feature on their iPhone and iPad. To listen to your favorite music in multiple rooms by using Airplay 2, follow the steps listed below;
- First of all, choose the audio track you want to listen to whether on your favorite app or on your personal playlist on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, go to the Control center and press and hold on the Music Control Panel.
- Now, select specific audio you are willing to play in a specific room.
- After that, tap on the Airplay icon available on your iPhone or iPad screen.
- Choose the Airplay 2 speaker through which you will play the music.
Howdy, I’m Lily Johnsol. I’m a software engineer living in Manhattan, New York. I am a fan of technology, photography, and design. I’m also interested in music and blogging. You can visit my website office.com/setup.