Sims 3 is a very exciting game, and it is compatible with PC and mobile phones. Most of the users want to know the steps to fix the Sims 3 keeps crashing on their Windows 10 or 8.1. In this article, you will get different methods to get rid of this problem.
Steps to fix the Sims 3 keep crashing on your Windows 10
· Go through the settings tab
It might be possible that you don’t have all the necessary hardware for current gameplay, so you need to choose the downgrading the settings option. You also have to select the speed above the quality. If you want to get rid of the Sims 3 keeps crashing error on your Windows 10, then you have to follow the steps mentioned below:
1. You need to disable the advanced rendering option.
2. You have to play the game by enabling the window mode.
3. In case you are not finding any option to turn it on, select the alternate, and enter keys together.
· Uninstalling the currently installed mods
You need to uninstall the Pets, in case you have already installed it. In case you have installed a new mode, then delete them first. After that, check if you have fixed the Sims 3 keeps crashing error on your Windows 10.
· Disable the background application and software
You need to disable the background programs which will take more storage. The easiest way to complete this procedure is to start booting the system. Here are the steps mentioned below:
1. Click on the Start menu.
2. Enter MSConfig in the search bar.
3. Press on the Enter option.
4. Click on the System Configuration option.
5. Press on the Services option.
6. Go through the Hide all Microsoft services box.
7. Press on the Disable all option.
8. Click on the Startup option.
9. Go to the Task Manager option.
10. Choose each startup thing.
11. Press on the Disable option.
· Open the troubleshooting tool
1. Click on the Control Panel menu.
2. Enter ‘troubleshoot’ in the search bar.
3. Choose the Troubleshooting option.
4. Press on the View all option.
5. It will open the menu list of all the troubleshooters which are available now.
6. Choose and open the troubleshooters given above.
7. Start the system again.
8. You need to check whether you have solved this issue or not.
9. Check if you have fixed this issue or not.
· Excluding the game from your Data Execution Prevention
1. You need to right-click on the My Computer folder on your Windows 8 PC.
2. Click on the This PC folder on your Windows 10 PC.
3. Choose the Properties option.
4. Press on the Advanced system setting URL.
5. It is located on the left-hand side of the screen.
6. Press on the Advances option.
7. Click on the Settings tab.
8. It is located below the Performance frame option.
9. Go through the Data Executable file.
10. It is located in the exception menu list.
· Alternative solutions
1. You need to remove all the cache files and also the thumbnails.
2. Open the game in compatibility mode with your Windows 7 PC.
3. Disable the firewall, spyware, and antivirus software.
Lily Johnsol is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.