Photoshop CC is considered a popular tool for making gradients and editing pictures. You can enhance your image by mixing two colors in one. Photoshop offers a few different gradients by default, but what if you want something different from the built-in gradients? You can create your gradients on Photoshop with very simple steps. This article will teach you how to create your own customized gradients of your choice. So what’s the wait? Let’s get started!
Setting Up the Canvas
You should open the Photoshop CC at first and then follow the instructions given below to set up your own canvas:
- We don’t require to customize and edit the canvas. So we’ll be using the default canvas.
- Now ensure that your gradient tool is active on the screen.
- After the Gradient tool appears to be active, select two colors which you want to use in your customized gradient.
- You can use the color swatches located at the bottom of the left-side toolbar.
When you do the above steps see the next step to move further.
Accessing and Using the Gradient Editor tool
This tool will help you customize the gradient and use it like a pro. See the tips and details about these tools.
- Take your cursor to the top-left corner, and there you need to double-click over the color bar to use the Gradient Editor.
- This tool is extremely robust and does all of that you need to customize your gradient. Many Photoshop users call it a one-stop-shop.
- On top of the editor, you can see a bunch of default patterns of gradients. We don’t need to choose one of these because we are going to create our own.
- Now, on the right side of your editor, you can see options such as Load, New, and Save.
- On the bottom of the gradient editor, you will find some tools which are used to make a customized gradient.
- You can make two different types of gradients by using the tool. One type of gradient is the Solid Gradient. The second type of gradient is Noise Gradient.
- You can also use three colors in a single gradient by double-clicking on the Color Stop.
Apply the steps and tips mentioned above and create your own customized gradient in Photoshop. Launch Photoshop CC and just get started.
Lily Johnsol is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Emma has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.