The Plex Media server app is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu. This app lets you arrange various media files in the system and permits players to access it in case they have provided all the right information. Many users are facing this error where they are not able to set up Plex. In this article, you will get all the solutions to fix remote access error in the Plex media server. You need to follow the first method in case it doesn’t fix this issue, then move to the other method.
Here’s How to Fix Remote Access Error in Plex Media Server
• Update the Plex Into Its Latest Version
1. Go to the Plex media server.
2. Search for the URL for the updatrm plexmediaserver_0.9.12.4.1192–9a47d21_amd64.debrm plexmediaserver_0.9.12.4.1192–9a47d21_amd64.debed version of the Plex Media Package.
3. You can start downloading the installation file to any folder.
4. You need to change the URLs and packages with the updated version.
5. You need to open the below-mentioned command for downloading the updated package:
6. Once you have completed the installation procedure, the below-mentioned command will delete the installation program:
RM plexmediaserver_0.9.12.4.1192–9a47d21_amd64.debrm plexmediaserver_0.9.12.4.1192–9a47d21_amd64.deb
7. You need to start restarting the computer.
8. After that, try to run the Plex Media Server.
9. You need to check whether the remote access error in the Plex media server is fixed or not.
• Power Cycle for the Glitch Resolution
1. Disable both the systems.
2. Remove the power cable of every system.
3. Keep pressing on the power key of every system.
4. It will take a few seconds to complete.
5. You need to connect all the things again.
6. Restart the system.
7. Open the Plex media server.
8. Let the server to complete the initialization process.
9. After that, check whether you have fixed this error or not.
• Check the Automatic Configuration
1. Type the IP address which is linked with the router given in the address box in the default web browser.
2. Go to the router settings.
3. You will find a different button for every router.
4. You need to find the UPnP or NAT-PMP options.
5. Ensure that these options are turned off.
6. In case these options are already turned on, then turn off them.
7. You need to start saving the changes and close that window.
8. Start the system again,
9. You need to fix this problem.
• Set Up Port Forward
1. Set a static IP address to your system
- Click on the Windows and R keys together.
- Enter “ncpa.cpl” in the panel.
- Click on the Enter option.
- You will get the menu list of all the available adapters or networks on the screen.
- Choose the adapter where you wish to set a static IP address to the system.
- You need to right-click on the static IP given on the screen.
- Choose the Properties option.
- After opening the properties screen, go to the “Internet Protocol Version 4” option.
- Press on the Properties option located below it once you have selected an option.
- Rather than finding the IP address, choose the Use the following IP address option.
- Type the IP address which you wish to change.
- Start adding the desired DNS server.
Lily Johnsol is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.