Are you tired of deleting your Google web and search activity all the time? If yes, then you have come to the right place to get a perfect solution. Whenever you search anything on Google, it tracks and saves your behavior. If you want to remove your browsing activity entirely from your Google account, then this article will help you to do that. This method will enable an automatic setting in your account, which will automatically delete your activity by itself according to your time preference.
This automatic setting has some limitations such as it can’t delete your activity for shorter periods. You can only select from three options:
- Automatically remove activity after every three months.
- After every 18 months
- Remove manually
So what are you waiting for! Let’s dive in.
How to Use The Auto Delete Feature For Google Web Activity?
This feature will work on every browser, which is linked with your Google account. To enable this feature, read the below steps carefully:
- Open the Settings of your Android phone.
- Navigate to the ‘Google’; it may also be labeled as Google settings in some devices.
- After that, Tap on ‘Google Account.’
- Now choose the ‘Data & Personalization’ from the top menu.
- Click on the “Web & App Activity” option.
- After that, choose the ‘Manage Activity’ option.
- Hit the ‘Choose to delete automatically’ button to access the settings.
- Now, you can see how long you want to keep your activity options, choose either of them.
- Press the Next button.
- Hit the Confirm button.
- Tap the Got It option.
How to Revert Google Activity Auto-deleted feature?
If you didn’t like the feature and want to restore the previous settings, then follow the instructions given below.
- Follow the same tutorial that we have mentioned above until you reach the 8th step.
- From those three options, select “Keep until I delete manually.”
- Now continue with the same instructions that are mentioned in the above tutorial.
Wrapping It Up
Auto deletes Google activity feature is quite useful. With its help, you don’t need to delete manually after a specific time. If you want to search or browse privately, then I will recommend you using the Chrome incognito tab. It prevents your browser and your Google account from tracking your browsing behavior.
So, that’s it, thanks for reading our article.
Jessica Davis is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, She has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.