Recently Apple revealed their new iOS 12.3 which has brought some upgraded features to the Apple iPhone and iPads. The latest upgrade has included some additional features like the TV app which enables users to pair their devices with their smart TV.
So it is far beneficial to upgrade your existing iOS to the latest 12.3.1 update. In addition to advanced features and utility tools, the new update also includes some minor bug fixes which will help users in resolving all their previous issues and problems such as unexpected call drops or failed message delivery. To download this new iOS 12.3.1, follow the steps mentioned below in proper sequence.
- First, create a backup of your stored data on your iPhone or iPad to avoid any data loss during upgradation setup.
- Now open “Settings” from the home screen of your device.
- Then select the “General” option.
- After that, choose the “Software Update” option from the available list.
- Now select the “Download and Install” option.
- Then insert the “Passcode” inside the text field.
- After that, choose the “Agree” button for confirming the Terms and Conditions.
- Now press the “Agree” option to confirm the download.
Once the user accurately follows the steps mentioned above, they will be directly redirected to the download window. It is quite possible that no action takes place for several seconds. Still, you will be prompted with a window stating “Preparing to download” notification. Your download would begin within a few minutes after preparing to download disappears.
Tips for installing iOS 12.3 with iTunes on Mac
If you have a crunch in space and your devices is unable to download the new 12.3.1 update completely, then you can also opt for iTunes to upgrade your device. If you wish to update your existing iOS to 12.3.1, then follow the steps mentioned below in proper sequence.
- First, make sure to create a backup for all your data on your device to avoid any loss during the upgrading process.
- Now open the “iTunes” application on your Mac.
- Then connect your iPad or iPhone to your Mac device by using a USB cable.
- After that, choose the “Device” option to open the device tab.
- Now select the “Check for Update” from the Summary panel.
- Then select the “Download and Update” option.
- Go through the Terms and Conditions and choose “Agree” option.
- After that insert the “Passcode” in your iPad or iPhone.
By following the steps mentioned above, an individual can easily update their iOS to 12.3.1 and enjoy new features and utilities on their device. Hopefully, users will now be able to update their iPad and iPhone with the latest 12.3.1 update easily.
Olivia Jones is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats.Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.