Do you know GoPro Camera is one of the amazing popular action videos cameras on the market. However, this tiny camera isn’t only limited to only adrenaline-pumping shots, death-defying, but also one can use this little sensation for recording films and for multiple purposes. Although connecting a GoPro to your Mac for sharing, editing, or saving is not that problematical for users as this device is easy-to-use with lots of amazing features.
Here take a look at two different ways by which one can easily transfer those files from your Camera to desktop. The process is quite simple only if you follow them in the sequence as mentioned in the blog. Learn how to connect your GoPro to your Mac or transfer files from GoPro to desktop. Two best ways are as follows:
- SD Card Method
- GoPro Quick Method
Steps to Connect GoPro to Mac
In order to connect GoPro with your Mac, one need to follow the instruction sequentially to prevent unwanted error and save lots of time. Here we discussed all three methods in detail.
SD Card Method
One of the easiest and simplest methods of transferring all files directly from GoPro to your Mac. For using this method, one has to buy a Micro SD card reader. If anyone is using a Mac system which has USB C ports, then one has to buy a Micro SD Card reader that can connect with your Mac by using the USB. Follow the steps which are discussed below:
- Firstly, launch the door located on the footer of GoPro just to give access to the Micro SD Card.
- Now, pop out the SD Card from your GoPro.
- Then, put the SD Card into the slot on the card reader.
- Once inserted, connect the SD Card to Mac using USB.
- After that, click on the ‘Finder App’ to open it.
- Tap on the ‘Untitled’ option located in the left panel of the screen. In case, if your SD Card contains a name other than ‘Untitled,’ you need to hit on that name.
- Click-twice ‘DCIM’ folder.
- Again, double-tap on the ‘101GOPRO’ folder.
- Right-press or tap two fingers on any file you wish to copy. In case, if users want to copy more than one file, long-press the Command’ key while choosing files users want to transfer.
- Tap your two fingers on one of the chosen files and press ‘Copy X Items’ option.
- Inside the ‘Finder App’ go to the location which you wish to copy the files to.
- Right-press and choose ‘Paste x items option.
- Finally, your all files which you want to copy are successfully copied.
- Once you successfully copied the files, ensure that you have removed the SD card from your Mac.
GoPro Quick Method
Well, GoPro offers their own solutions which are known as Quick/Desktop. This free software is installed in the same way you download or install any other application on the Mac. For this, you just need to download the files and double-tap on that files to start the installation process. Install the GoPro on your Mac, after that follow the below given steps to import all your files. Here how to do it:
- Firstly, connect your GoPro Camera to your Mac and enable the camera.
- After that, tap on the ‘LaunchPad on your Mac Dock.
- Now, type ‘quick’ and hit the ‘GoPro Quick’ launcher on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ tab and enter your Username and password to log into GoPro account.
- Press the ‘Import Files’ option.
Finally, wait until the importing process is completed.