Google Drive helps the users to keep all their documents into a drive such as videos, pictures, and files. Here the user can invite the other user to see their pictures videos, files, editing or commenting on them into the “Comment” section. In case the users wish to share their documents on Google Drive, then they can do both in the Google Drive application and on its official website.
Steps for sharing files on Google Drive from mobile
- Go to the Google Drive” application. This application looks like an olive, gold, and an azure triangle with a white wallpaper. In case the user is already signed in into the Google account, then the Google drive option automatically shows on the screen.
- In case the user is not already signed in into the Google account, then they have first to type the email ID and a protected password to open the Google drive option.
- Choose a “File,” press the file which the users wish to send till the bookmark comes to the right-hand column of the file. In case the file is inside any folder, press the folder to show the file in the screen.
- In case the Android users choose the file then it will show a menu on the screen.
- Click the “Three horizontal Lines” symbol. It is located at the end of the display, and it will open a menu page on the screen.
- Press the “Add People” button. The user will get this button at the upper side of the pull-down menu page. The Sharing documents page will come on the screen.
- Enter the “Email ID.” The users have to enter the email ID in the “People” section located at the upper side of the display.
- After entering the email ID, the suggestions of the contacts come underneath the pull-down page in case the contact is also using the Google account. The user can press on the “Contact Name” to enter the remaining email ID.
- Click the “Pencil “symbol. After clicking on the “Pencil” symbol, press any one options listed below:
- “Edit” option in the iOS device or “Can Edit” option in Android. These options permit users to adjust the items.
- “Comment” option in the iOS device or “Can Comment” option in Android. These options permit the users to see the comments below the item.
- “View” option in the iOS device or “Can View” option in Android. These options permit the users to view and not change the content of the item.
- Press the “Send” symbol. It resembles a folded paper symbol located in the right-hand column of the display. Once you click on that send button, it will share the documents the user had chosen to a particular contact.
- The user can enter a comment into the “Comments” section before sharing the document to a particular contact.
Steps for sharing files on Google Drive from desktop
- Unlock the “Google Drive.” Click the link http://www.drive.google.com/ in the default browser. By visiting this website, it will show a Google Drive menu page.
- Press the document the users wish to send. In case the users wish to choose that file which they wish to share, then they have to first go to the folder where the file is placed after that, double- click the file to share it.
- Tap the “Share” symbol.” It resembles a “person” symbol having a “Plus” symbol with it. It is located on the right-hand column given on the Google Drive webpage.
- Enter the email ID. The user has to type the email ID of that person with whom they wish to share in the given section.
- Press the “Pencil” symbol.
- Tap the “Send” button.